Monday, October 31, 2011

Dining Table Overhaul

It's finally complete!  Five hours of manual labor and a little extra elbow grease from my hubby, and our table is done.  This project turned out even better than I imagined and the whole thing, including the table, only cost me $125!  My head is spinning with ideas for new projects.  Check out what I did......

before and after....














After sanding the entire tabletop surface down to bare wood:













The legs were prepared with a spray primer and the surface of the table was distressed and re-stained.













I brush painted the legs with two complementary colors of green and then spray painted the final ivory color over the top.  Before allowing to dry completely, I used sandpaper to rough up edges, and remove areas of paint to allow the green to show through.  I also used a hand sander to distress the edges of the tabletop and allow some of the natural wood color to show through.  As a final step, I coated the newly stained tabletop with a coat of Polycrylic.



The newly completed table!  The only thing left to do is re-upholster the chair seats.



3 comments:

HeatherRose Photography said...

I'm leaving a I LOVE IT comment on here because its so much more fun to read comments on our blog....:)

Shandra Rae said...

i agree, i love comments!

Amber said...

I LOVE this table!!! Awesome Job, Shan!!!