Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blow the doors off this thing!

What am I really supposed to do? Should I scream at the top of my lungs like a wild, raging banshee? Maybe I should do just exactly as my emotions demand and throw my hands in the air, and yelp & cry with desperation at my overwhelming irritation and disgust! Certainly that's not the lady-like thing to do. Certainly a lady would never dream of acting in such a manner. I'll just smile politely as I portray a sense of deliberate calm and do my best to maintain peace with those who cause my irritation. What a mind blowing environment of inequality and judgment we live in, that a person can be so entrenched in their societal role, that they have ignored their "God-given" right to demand their own happiness and contentment! Is it right that a mother lose her sense of self to provide for the betterment of her children? Is it right for a woman to maintain calm and collected in times of stress, so her husband doesn't blow a fuse? Is it right for a person to do as they are told simply because they were told it was the right thing to do. Or.......do we have it all wrong? Perhaps the mother who lost her sense of self for her child, has lost her ability to give her child the best. Perhaps the woman maintaining her fake smile has robbed herself and her husband the chance to learn and grow. Maybe doing what we have been told isn't always the right thing to do? I don't know. Does anyone know? Will anyone ever know? What I DO know, is the choking feeling of words caught in my throat. I do know that there is only just so much space for storing all my pent up feelings. I have the option of finding a new place for some of my thoughts and feelings, or packing in more and more, until one day the door blows off and they all come flying out. But where is the resolution? For the love!......where is the resolution?

No comments: