Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Brand New Day

The only way to go from here is up.  Oh how quickly life can take a turn.  So much can change in such a short amount of time.  I could insert a million profound quotes to try to express the emotions I'm feeling, but I know there are none that would do justice.  I also know that I am not the only one to ever feel this way, and I know this isn't the last time I will feel this way. 

I am truly and honestly grateful for the hard lessons in life.  During the hard times, its nearly impossible to see through the tears, pain and despair to something better and even harder yet to imagine the lesson in it all.  I've been spending many hours.....days, weeks trying to find the lesson in my failures.  My optimism has been tested and my heart is feeling more than a little bit broken.

I always seem to come away with a few prevailing thoughts.  One, that my gut instincts and my intuition are strong, and always right, and I should learn to listen to them.  Secondly,  I know that love is the most important thing to me.  Far beyond, careers, money, and objects, the one thing I actually need is love.  If absolutely everything in the world falls apart, I will be okay.  We are all okay.  We have each other and ourselves.

Where do I go from here?  All I know for certain right now is that through my failures, fears, sadness, anger and pain, the universe has just given me a brilliant gift.  A fresh start.  I have time, optimism and a brand new day filled with opportunity.  I cant possibly begin to imagine whats in store for my life, but I feel I'm finally on the upswing and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it while it lasts.      

No comments: