Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Give it up to God

     Give it up to God.  Surrender.  Admit defeat.  Wait for a sign.  Pray.  You can call it what you will, they are all the same thing.  In my darkest moments when I've hit the bottom and haven't a clue which direction to turn, I always seem to find myself doing these things.   .
     I think sometimes we cling to things that we want so badly, that we don't realize the real answers are right in front of our faces just begging to be discovered.  The moments of darkness in life serve to teach and lead us to better and brighter places than we could have imagined.  Sometimes we have to surrender to the will of the universe and trust that she will guide us in the right direction.    
     Tonight I give thanks for my eternal optimism.  Without it I would find myself in a hole too deep to climb from.  My heart hurts for the hard lessons I have had to learn in life, but soars in the overcoming of obstacles and the triumph over fears.  Tonight I choose to count the blessings and the love in my life and as for the rest of it...I choose to give it up to God.

No comments: