Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Redwine Wedding Sneak-Peek

We are down to hours now, 66 to be exact!  In 66 hours we will become "the Redwines".  Being the crafty lady that I consider myself to be, I tried to use my talents and abilities whenever possible while preparing for our big day.  I've gotten some really awesome feedback from people about some of the things I've done, so Ive decided to share a little.  The rest will have to wait until after we tie the knot. 

My bouquet is made from vintage and vintage-esque brooches.  I gathered brooches ( and a few earrings) from thrift stores, boutiques, craft stores and grandmas.  There are approximately 40 pieces that I wired like a flower and put together like a normal floral bouquet.  There are pieces that belong(ed) to my mother, grandmothers and great grandmothers.  It includes, something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.  There is also an "R" to represent my new name, and a windmill brooch from my great grandmother who came here from the Netherlands with her family.( my grandma). 


The french veil, or fastener, I also handmade.  I always had hopes of wearing my Grandmothers wedding gown, but its a size 2 so.....  I took a piece of the lace from her dress and incorporated it in my veil with peacock feathers and french lace.  The feathers match the shoes that my bridesmaids and I are wearing.

That's all I can share for now, the rest is a surprise.  66 hours!



No comments: