Monday, December 12, 2011

Alone On My Knees

Alone on my knees, I ask for the truth,
I search my palms, and I beg for my youth.
They're all I know, all that's mine,
all I have is this moment in time.

Precious time has been stolen, the damage is done,
I have not lost, I have not won.
All the pain that I've felt and the tears I've cried,
speak not of my failure, but how hard I've tried.

Blessed with courage and hope,
I know not where to go,
but something will lead me,
and guide me back home.

I hope for the future and pray for more time,
I'm weary and lost, but I know that I'll try.
My story is written, but not yet been told,
my soul is weakened, but cannot be sold.

Alone on my knees, I have taken a stance,
I give thanks for my struggles, and thanks for the chance.
I've got my love and I've got my friends,
tonight I promise that I'll I try once again.

-S. Redwine
























 
 

No comments: