Sunday, June 15, 2008

loving my garden!





So Ive really gotten into gardening since we started landscaping our new house. Its like interior decorating, but outside. What could be more fun??? Actually, I can think of a few not so fun landscaping incidents. Like when we were ripping out 40 year old bushes in the front of our house, and hit our main drainage pipe. Instead of spending the day planning our new landscape, we spend the day repairing a broken shit pipe....not so much fun. Apparently there is only one pipe that goes off of a house, and we hit it. Or the day we spend 11 hours digging, preparing, planting and wood chipping until we couldnt move. I swear, the next day I couldnt even lower myself onto the toilet without excrutiating pain.
In the end, its the sweat, and arguing and sore backs that make it all the better. Im really proud of the hard work that we have put in. Its the outcome from things like this that makes working three jobs worth it. I love the way that life progresses. Every year that goes by, I feel more fulfilled and closer to my goals. Ahhhh, achievment is a good feeling. Im glad to have it back. Here are a few pics of my prettiest flowers.

No comments: