Monday, April 16, 2012

The Inevitable

After many ups and downs, prayers and hopes, it looks like the inevitable is here.  My grandpa is at the end of the road.  As my family makes a last minute scramble to pack and drive to Florida, i have decided to stay behind.  I can't be sure that I won't regret my decision but I have to trust that my gut instincts are good. 

Exactly 7 months ago my grandpa was leading me across the dance floor on the best day of my life.  I wouldn't have believed that he would be leaving us just a short time later.  Just 2 days from today, I am supposed to be boarding a plane to visit him and my grandma.  So many unexpected turns have left me feeling confused and uncertain.

I know for certain that my memory of dancing with vibrant, smiling, happy grandpa is the one I want to keep.  I also know that a short time from now, he will know exactly how I feel and he will be dancing and vibrant again.  Tonight, my thoughts, memories and prayers with my grandpa and my grandma.


No comments: